Sunday, April 10, 2011

On The Night You Were Born [Part 2]

So whenever you doubt just how special you are

April 2010
and you wonder who loves you, how much and how far,

May 2010
Drift off to sleep to the sound of the wind.

June 2010
(Listen closely... it's whispering your name again!)

July 2010
For never before in story or rhyme

August 2010
(not even once upon a time)

September 2010
has the world ever know a you, my friend,

October 2010
and it never will, not ever again...

November 2010
Heaven blew every trumpet

December 2010
and played every horn

January 2011
on the wonderful, marvelous

February 2011
night you were born.
March 2011

We thank God for you, BigMan. 
You are our precious treasure, and we love you beyond compare. 

And as we say every night before you go to sleep... 
"Mummy loves you and Daddy loves you but most of all
Jesus loves you."


5 comments:

  1. Big Man, the great news is that our Lord God knew you and had all your life planned for you before he even made the world. My prayer for you this day is that for the rest of your life you will walk humbly in the path of your Older Brother, our Saviour Jesus Christ. Grandad. 10 April 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you write that yourself Han? It is beautiful! Happy birthday to the gorgeous 2 year old!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful dedication to your Big Man. Made me teary. I too would love to know if you wrote this yourself because I would love to use it in my kids albums if someone else wrote it.

    We were so happy to celebrate with you this afternoon. We had a blast and we are so glad that God placed you and your family in our path. Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could take the credit for it, but sadly, no. I put the reference at the bottom of the first one, but forgot for this one because I was racing and had to get ready for the party! It's from a book called, 'On the Night You Were Born' by Nancy Tillman. Kate, I can lend it to you so that you can get a copy of the words.

    When I read through them I get teary as well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Gorgeous boy. Sorry we couldn't skype you on your birthday, we're just awake now and I'm sure you're fast asleep!!! Will try and skype this afternoon, your tomorrow morning. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete