Friday, March 18, 2011

Not quite yet


The other night LittleLady had just gone to bed and BigMan, Daddy and I were reading books and playing in our room.

"Flying! Flying!" (Wearing his 'flying suit')

I looked up from lying on the bed and realised, with a pang of sadness, that it’s about time I pack up the bassinet.



I love our bassinet. It’s beautiful, and I loved knowing that LittleLady was sleeping just a step away from our bed (disclaimer: she has been a much quieter, better sleeper than her brother was!). But now LittleLady has moved into the cot, and BigMan happily slumbers in his toddler bed… in the same room.



We weren’t sure how it would work having the two of them in the same room, but we thought we’d give it a go, as we have visitors come to stay for a night or two once every two months or so, and so we figured it would minimise disruption for their sleeping routines in the long run. And the truth is, it’s one of the best decisions we’ve ever made! They both love being able to see their sibling and BigMan’s sleep has never been better (and believe me, we’ve had our fair share of issues with his sleep!)!

So yes, I will have to pack up the bassinet… one day… not quite yet though. Yes, LittleLady is growing up ever so quickly. And yes, we are delighting in seeing our children delight in each other’s company! It makes my heart smile. 


No comments:

Post a Comment