Wednesday, March 2, 2011

These are a few of my favourite things...

Things I love about my BigMan:
  • Him standing in the backyard, arms stretched skyward, asking, "Mummy turn the rain on? Mummy turn the rain on please?"
  • The way he comes up to me from behind when I'm sitting on the ground trying to 'study' and gives me a big bear hug.
  • How he'll climb onto me, wrap his arms around my neck and say, "Push! Puuuuuuuuuush!" when he wants me to go somewhere with him. 
  • 'Flying' with him.
  • His smile.
  • He says, 'Tebby Dare'. He's starting to say 'Teddy Bear' sometimes which makes me sad - he's growing up.
  • He tells me, "Lob you Mummy".
  • How he can recite his favourite books back to me.
  • The way he refers to himself in third person. "BigMan thirsty." "BigMan read to?" 
  • How he loves his grandparents, aunts and uncles so very much.
  • He tells us, "God made diggers. God made rollers. God made cement mixers."

Things I love about my LittleLady:
  • Her smile.
  • How she lets me cuddle her forever.
  • Kissing her on her chubby cheeks and in that soft part of her neck below her ear.
  • Her smile! Her smile, upon seeing one of her family, is enough to melt Scrooge's heart faster than Tiny Tim could say, "God bless us every one!"
  • The way she absolutely adores her big brother.
  • She still has that beautiful baby smell.
  • The incredible personality that she's already introducing us to. I think she's going to be just as stubborn as the rest of us...
  • Have I said her smile?
  • How she reaches up, grabs a handful of my hair in her sweet, pudgy little hands, pulls my head towards hers and then covers my face with beautiful, wet kisses, while trying to eat my nose!

Why have I listed these things? I read a blog from Mars Hill's 'Diagloguing Wives' and a quote has stuck with me all day:

"This is a season and it will pass, but I don't want to just grit my teeth and bear it."
I want to cherish these moments, not simply tolerate this 'season' until it passes. Nappies and night time wake up calls Much of the above will one day be but a distant memory...

1 comment:

  1. I love to record those little things that will change so quickly. The way they call it an "extruction site" and then one day you notice that they are saying "construction" instead... when did it change? how did you miss such a monumental change in their vocabulary? who taught them the right word anyway? you thought it was so stinkin' cute that you never corrected it.

    ReplyDelete